Do you have any old bath towels waiting to be thrown out? Consider upcycling them first! We found this wonderful video from HGTV Handmade by a lady named Marianne. She walks you through taking old bath towels and turning them into a cute area rug. You can get really creative with this depending what types and colors of towels you have. This beautiful area rug would be a great addition to your home decor!
Check out these easy to follow instructions:
- Cut out several one inch strips (Marianne uses thirteen or so for her rug)
- Vary the colors and sew three ends together
- Braid these three strips, while folding the ends beneath to hide the raw edges
- Next, connect three more strips to the end of this braid
- Continue braiding this set of strips
- Repeat the above steps until you’ve used all your strips and made one long braid
- To sew the rug together, you shape and coil it to create a circular rug
- At the end, sew the ends together, and voila!
Just watch Marianne in this video below and you’ll see how easy and fun it is to make this adorable rug!
Other articles you might like;