Pink lipstick can be surprisingly hard to wear. It can make your face look washed out or like a seventh grader playing with makeup. But thanks to makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury, we just discovered a pink lipstick that looks amazing on everyone…
Charlotte Tilbury is one of the worlds top makeup artists; she works with magazines like Vogue, Vanity Fair and Allure, and is the makeup artist of choice for celebrities like Kate Moss and Sienna Miller. All this to say: she knows her stuff. Her new makeup collection just launched to great fanfare at Nordstrom, and they were kind enough to send over some products to try. We really liked everything, but the product that stood out most was the flattering pink lipstick…
We took these photos of our lovely friend Gaby, but we all ended up trying on the lipstick during the photo shoot. The pinky coral color brightened up everyones face, even though we all had different skin tones. It was so pretty and more kissable than red lipstickits actually called K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick! a Heres the overall beauty look we did…
Eye powder pencil in Audrey
Mascara in Glossy Black
Eye shadow pencil in Champagne Diamonds
Blush in Love Glow
Lipstick in Coachella Coral
1. Prep your face by applying your regular foundation and concealer. Next, apply mascara, wiggling the brush as you go, to prevent clumps. Gaby is wearing this mascara in glossy black. We loved how it required only one coat to fully thicken and lengthen lashes.
2. Next, line the outside corners of your eyes and your upper lid with brown eyeliner. We used this eye powder pencil in Audrey to create a smudgy, smoky line. BIG TIP: Instead of drawing a straight line across the lid using the tip of the pencil, hold the pencil on its side and lightly drag it across the lid. This creates a smoky line, which looks softer and sexier and is more forgiving of flaws. Then smudge it lightly with your finger to create a soft finish.
3. Then, apply a shimmery eye shadow pencil in the corners of your eyesthis brightens up your eyes and makes you look more awake. Holding the pencil near your tear duct, draw a small dot in each inner corner and blend. Gaby is wearing this eye shadow stick in Champagne Diamonds, a shimmery beige.
4. Rosy cheeks are an essential part of a soft, romantic look, and Charlotte Tilbury has developed a foolproof way to get them. Her Cheek to Chic blush features a bulls-eye pattern with two different colors: a darker shade on the inside and a lighter one outside. Using Charlottes swish and pop technique, you first swish the brush around the outside of the compact, then glide the color up along your cheekbone. Next, pop the brush by dipping just the end of it into the center color. Apply along the apples of your cheeks, making them pop. BONUS: This blush also features finely-crushed pearls, which give cheeks a luminous glow, like youre lit from within.
5. Apply lipstick by drawing color in the center of the lips, then lightly buffing it outward with your finger. We loved the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. lipstick in Coachella Coral with its satiny texture. It goes on smoothly, is easy to blend and stays on for hours.
6. Voila! Effortlessly beautiful.
Will you wear pink this fall? Rosy cheeks and lips make it look like you just stepped in from the cold. And its lower-maintenance than red lipstickrequiring fewer touch-ups and no need to check if its drifted to your teeth.
P.S. Charlotte Tilbury has created ten different looks. We chose The Ingenue, which was inspired by Mia Farrow and Alexa Chung, but you can see all the looks here. Which one would suit you best?
(Photos by Julia Robbs for Cup of Jo. Makeup by Ashlee Glazer. Modeling by Gabriella Cetrulo. This post is sponsored by Nordstrom, which has been our favorite destination for beauty products for years. Thanks, Nordstrom!)
Other articles you might like;